Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the advantage of using Legal Recruiter Submitter?
- How can Legal Recruiter Submitter possibly help me if we're in a recession?
- Do recruiters know my resume is coming from Legal Recruiter Submitter?
- What differentiates Legal Recruiter Submitter from other services?
- Why should I use Legal Recruiter Submitter when I can do it all myself?
- When I use Legal Recruiter Submitter am I applying for specific jobs?
- Who gets my resume when I use Legal Recruiter Submitter?
- I do not want to relocate, what is the benefit of contacting so many recruiters in different areas of the United States?
- Who uses Legal Recruiter Submitter?
- When will my resume be sent?
- Will I get results?
- How can I pay?
- How do I get my questions answered?
- Is there any way I can hide my identity from the recruiters and yet have them review my profile?
1. What is the advantage of using Legal Recruiter Submitter?
Everyday, recruiters from thousands of legal recruiting firms solicit multiple legal employers-from law firms to corporations-for their openings. There are literally hundreds of thousands of legal employers in the United States and legal recruiters make their living by contacting these legal employers for their openings and attempting to fill them.
There are legal recruiters spread out all across the world (over 97% of them are in the United States) and collectively they have tens of thousands of different opportunities for attorneys. In order to find applicants for these positions, recruiters generally:
2. Cold Call;
3. Ask Around; and
The problem for most attorneys is that they simply do not have the resources to contact every single legal recruiter out there to see what opportunities they have. Conversely, the problem for most legal recruiters is that they do not have the resources to find every single candidate for the positions they are recruiting for. Legal Recruiter Submitter bridges the recruitment gap. Legal Recruiter Submitter maintains the largest database of legal recruiters in the world and can assist you in getting your resume in front of the recruiters with the opportunities to drive your career forward.
Once your resume is in front of the right legal recruiters, they will contact you when they have opportunities matching your interests. Within hours of using Legal Recruiter Submitter recruiters may be courting you with opportunities that suit your interests. Using Legal Recruiter Submitter is like having thousands of people doing the necessary research to locate opportunities for you. Try Legal Recruiter Submitter today!
2. How can Legal Recruiter Submitter possibly help me if we're in a recession?
In a recession, there are still numerous opportunities. The only challenge in a recessionary environment is tracking down and finding those opportunities. Legal Recruiter Submitter is a powerful tool because, when you use it, you can find every potential opportunity by locating and targeting the right recruiters. When the economy turns sour, legal recruiters have to look harder to find new opportunities. By using Legal Recruiter Submitter, you can be confident that you are aware of every opportunity in the market and continue to prosper, even in a down economy.
3. Do recruiters know my resume is coming from Legal Recruiter Submitter?
No. Not unless you want us to let them know!
Legal Recruiter Submitter sends your resume and cover letter to recruiters using your actual email address.
- When Legal Recruiter Submitter emails your resume to recruiters, your actual email address will appear on the "from" line and any responses to your email will go directly to you - not Legal Recruiter Submitter.
- Legal Recruiter Submitter does this through proprietary software that we have developed. Other services will make the resume come from them.
- By making the resume appear to come from you, legal recruiters are more likely to think that you have a specific interest in working with them.
Each email with your resume will be sent individually to a recruiter.
- Some similar services simply cut a couple of hundred recruiter addresses into the destination for the email so each recruiter knows that hundreds of other recruiters have gotten the same resume. Again, not when you use Legal Recruiter Submitter. Each resume you send out will appear to be coming directly from you.
- It is a well-known fact that recruiters do not look favorably upon candidates who may be working with several recruiters at one time. Although it is certainly in a candidate's best interest to work with as many recruiters as possible, recruiters are less likely to make a major effort on your behalf if they believe you are working with several recruiters at the same time. By using Legal Recruiter Submitter, only you will know the recruiters who work for you.
- When you use Legal Recruiter Submitter we will not send your resume to a recruiter as part of a batch of other people's resumes. Your resume - and your resume only - will be the only one sent to the recruiter.
- Some of the attorneys who use Legal Recruiter Submitter want to "pick and choose" among legal recruiters and remain anonymous until the recruiter has expressed an interest (via email) in speaking with them about a particular opening. In situations such as this, Legal Recruiter Submitter can use one of its own email addresses for your reply address and send all responses to you for your review. Most attorneys who use this service also choose to delete their name and/or other contact information from their resumes before it is sent to legal recruiters by Legal Recruiter Submitter.
4. What differentiates Legal Recruiter Submitter from other services?
There are several important differences. However, one of the most important differences is that our competitors typically charge recruiters to participate in their service. Legal Recruiter Submitter does not charge recruiters a dime and therefore gives you the largest possible market of recruiting contacts. At Legal Recruiter Submitter, we consider it our job to track down every single legal recruiter in every area of the United States and the world that you could possibly contact. Because we charge recruiters no fees whatsoever to be part of our service, you can rest assured that we work for you and that you are reaching the largest target market possible of legal recruiters. Legal Recruiter Submitter has more legal recruiters to send your resume to than any other source! In addition, our database of legal recruiting contacts is growing daily!
5. Why should I use Legal Recruiter Submitter when I can do it all myself?
You can do it all yourself. You can spend the next several weeks tracking down every legal recruiter in the United States by subscribing to numerous legal periodicals and directories (most directories charge to list in them and therefore have a very limited number of recruiters). This could take you months - or you might never finish.
Then, once you have completed this task, you can contact each of these legal recruiters and find out all of their contact information. Then you can make sure that all of this information is going to the correct person inside the recruiting firm by personally contacting each recruiting firm to verify your information is current. You are going to have to make over 700 phone calls to do this-and that is assuming you get through the first time you call.
After you have done this, you can spend as long as it takes you to email the hundreds of recruiters that Legal Recruiter Submitter can email your resume to in less than 24 hours. Each email that Legal Recruiter Submitter sends to a recruiting firm will also be personalized with the name, company name, street address and so forth of the recruiting firm and look as if it is coming from you - and only you.
Let's forget about the cost and time of research. After you have done the research you are going to need to email your resume to the recruiting firms. If you figure it will take you 10 minutes to personalize each email to every recruiting firm, you should very quickly realize that you could be spending a very long time doing this. If you were to send 700 emails continuously (without taking a break), you would spend this much time:
700 emails x 10 minutes each = 7,000 minutes
7,000 minutes/60 minutes in an hour = 117 hours
So you can choose to spend 117 hours or just 10 minutes and $49.95.
6. When I use Legal Recruiter Submitter am I applying for specific jobs?
Yes and no. By using Legal Recruiter Submitter you are putting yourself on the radar screen of recruiters so that (1) if they have any opportunities suiting your interests or (2) later have opportunities, they will contact you and attempt to interest you in potentially interviewing for one of these positions.
However, before a recruiter submits you for consideration to any job they will call you, speak with you about the position, see if you have any interest and generally conduct an in-depth interview with you. If you indicate you are interested in the opportunity, and give your approval to the recruiter to submit you to the opportunity, the recruiter will generally submit your materials to the law firm or corporation.
The beauty of using Legal Recruiter Submitter is that it allows you to have hundreds of "eyes and ears" out there on the market for you at all times. As recruiters become aware of appropriate opportunities, they will contact you to seek your approval to submit you to these positions. Legal Recruiter Submitter is the most effective way to become aware of legal recruiter opportunities we know of.
7. Who gets my resume when I use Legal Recruiter Submitter?
When you use Legal Recruiter Submitter, your resume is forwarded to the legal recruiters in the states that you choose. In addition, if there are certain recruiters you do not want to have your resume (i.e., you are already working with them), you may specify this as well and we will not email your resume to them.
Your resume and cover letter (if you choose to have a cover letter) will be emailed only to legal recruiters. Your resume will not go to any other type of recruiter. The work Legal Recruiter Submitter does is highly specialized and it is our objective at Legal Recruiter Submitter to ensure your resume reaches the best possible audience. When you consider that all we do at Legal Recruiter Submitter is put attorneys in contact with recruiters, you can very quickly see the value of our service.
8. I do not want to relocate, what is the benefit of contacting so many recruiters in
different areas of the United States?
The beauty of Legal Recruiter Submitter is that you can choose the recruiters in every location of the United States (or World) you want to contact.
- In most instances, however, we recommend that you contact as many recruiters as possible to increase your potential market exposure. Nevertheless, if you prefer you can contact legal recruiters exclusively in your area. One of the great things about using Legal Recruiter Submitter is that there are no added costs involved in contacting recruiters in your home market or outside of it. It is entirely up to you.
Contacting a legal recruiter in another part of the United States could be just as effective as contacting one in your hometown.
- In today's fast paced economy, a recruiter in New York could be recruiting for a position in Los Angeles. To ensure you become aware of all potential positions, you are best served contacting several recruiters. Much of what legal recruiters do is based upon relationships. Legal recruiters typically have several relationships with hiring personnel in multiple law firms and corporations. However, you need to remember that each legal recruiter has a different set of relationships. It is for this reason that many attorneys often choose to use more than one legal recruiter when they perform their job search.
9. Who uses Legal Recruiter Submitter?
Smart attorneys use Legal Recruiter Submitter because they simply want to do their absolute best to learn about potential opportunities. The beauty of using Legal Recruiter Submitter is that when you use the service you are not applying directly to jobs. Instead, you are putting your qualifications in front of recruiters so that they will contact you to seek your permission to submit you to opportunities when they become available.
We have seen all sorts of different types of attorneys use Legal Recruiter Submitter. We have seen partners at large law firms use us in order to interview potential recruiters to represent them, as well as in-house counsel, government attorneys, and law students. Because Legal Recruiter Submitter is the most efficient way to become aware of every potential recruiter out there.
10. When will my resume be sent?
In order to ensure that our clients receive the best possible results, we generally stagger the sending of resumes to recruiters throughout the day. Accordingly, we never send more than one resume at a time. Our objective in doing this is to ensure that our clients' resumes receive the best possible review when they are received.
11. Will I get results?
If a recruiter has an opportunity they believe is suitable for you, then you will get results. The results you get will, of course, depend upon your location, salary requirements and other factors. Nevertheless, you need to remember that recruiters may be working on as many as 100 search assignments at a time (some major legal recruiting firms such as BCG Attorney Search or Co Counsel may work on thousands, however this is not the norm). If you figure that you can apply to over 700 recruiters at one time using our service, then your qualifications may literally be reviewed for over 50,000 potential positions!
12. How can I pay?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
13. How do I get my questions answered?
You can feel free to email us at anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org. In most instances we will respond within 48 hours.
14. Is there any way I can hide my identity from the recruiters and yet have them review
Yes, you can do this by availing the RecruiterGuard facility from Legal Recruiter Submitter. This facility ensures that your documents are emailed not from your email address but from a select address that Legal Recruiter Submitter creates for you. The responses from the recruiters are also received by Legal Recruiter Submitter and mailed to you based on a unique candidate identification number that Legal Recruiter Submitter gives you. However, the responsibility of deleting the relevant information from the documents before uploading them on our site and approving for mailing rests with you.
I wish to inform you that I got an offer from a Boston-based law firm that offered me a salary of $145k and have relocated there. Your services and database of legal recruiters is most exhaustive and has been a great help in gaining real insight and [...]
- John S.
Attorney, Intellectual Property